Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend in RI

Had a fun+crazy weekend in RI!  




Of course in typical "Katina-as-of-late" style I messed up the hotel dates.  I thought I booked for Thursday-Friday but in fact I booked for Wednesday-Thursday.  Well our nice beachside hotel had no room on Friday night so we had to move to ...I kid you not...a No-Tell Motel.  I didn't take a picture because I'm hoping to wipe it from my memory banks.  (and the way I've been forgetting things lately, it'll be gone in about 2 days!)

AND Brian opened the hotel room door onto Eleanor's toe and she HOWLED for 2 hours straight (10pm-12am) Eleanor has a very high tolerance for pain, the kid barely ever cries when she gets hurt, so it was almost as if she was crying for every injury she's had in life.  Like a true champ she woke up the next morning and said "mommy, today my toe feels great!"

On the way back to NYC we stopped at a friend's house in CT.  Her husband is a fantastic chef and he made the most delicious watermelon salad and  pizzas in their outdoor pizza oven. 






Fresh FRESH ingredients, many came from their garden-truffles, mushroom, ricotta, asparagus, heirloom tomatoes...soo amazing!  When you eat food like this, you really taste the difference between fresh, homemade food cooked with love and care, and store bought meals.  There is a place for everything!  I wish I took more pictures but I was too busy eating and drinking! 

+k

No comments:

Post a Comment