Tuesday, April 26, 2011

20 things i've learned in the past two weeks

1.  The check out people at Gristedes are not as nice as the check out people at Ingles.

2.  If you burn bacon in the apartment and the smoke alarm goes off, someone immediately calls to see if you are ok.  That's nice...and we won't be cooking bacon anymore.  Yes I was cooking.



3.  The playground is a dangerous place.




4.  Scooter is the only way to travel.


5.  Walking to school in the rain sucks but it's cute!


6.  Pick-A-Bagel is a block away.  VERY dangerous.

7.  My neighbors smoke


8.  You can order and pay food online to be delivered from a ton of restaurants in your 'hood without  talking to anyone. I love not talking to anyone!


9.  People wait a LOOONG time to see the Statue of Liberty


10.  Sometimes Elton John plays a concert outside your window


11.  I live very close to Century 21 and that is not a good thing for the wallet (maybe the solution is to buy a new one!)


12.  I'm blonder in NYC



13.  Running is a WHOLE LOT easier in the flat city than the mountainous mountains.  Yes I was running.  3 days now...let's see how long this trend lasts

14.  Cabs line up in front of my building at all hours of the day & night (yay!)



15.  Eleanor likes to snooze on the subway



16.  The laundry room is a tough place. People remove your clothes from the dryer if you are just a minute late.  Totally gross.

17.  I really love good Matzo Ball soup


18.  There are some BIG ships outside the window



19.  It's pretty here...





but it's pretty in AVL too






 20.  Most of all I learned that I miss my friends SOOOOO much.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!! There is so much to say about this blog post. I am glad you are back to posting! I still cannot believe that we did not get together before you left. the view from your apartment is insane. Sounds like you are having a blast. Love the blonde hair. What, Elton John, outside your window. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing view! Ouch! Poor Eleanor! I am very impressed that you're running!! Love to meet up with you!!
    xoxo Wendy

    ReplyDelete